Posted by: Tia | 2009-09-23

Barely there voice (answer for you Cyberdoc)

Hi Cyberdoc

You were right. Saw the ENT yesterday and he says my main problem is reflux. Put me onto Nexium 120mg till Monday and then 80mg per day ongoing. He said my asthma and allergies do not help and the large amounts of cortisone I have had in various forms in my life don' t help either. All ok with the voice though it should return to normal in 3 months or so. Must see him in 3 months.

One question though - can reflux make you feel really sick as if you have a cold or flu or something? I have no signs of infection (flu and bronchitis have cleared) so it must be this, right?

Dear Tia
Reflux can cause sore thoat, coughing and shortness of breath, as well as pain in the esophagus. It won't cause runny nose or sinus symptoms. See, you worried for nothing! I'm glad the cause is something treatable, just use your medication as prescribed and for as long as he wants you to use it - even if it is for 6 months.

Posted by: Bozo | 2009-09-23

Hi Tia, not sure where is your original post, and what is your symptoms.
My voice is vere hoarse ( hees ) and been like that for about 5 years now , also no flu symptoms , no asthma .

Reply to Bozo