Question
Posted by: Nireni | 2010/01/25

Banned from entering a shop

A friend of mine had a nasty incident at a big chain store on Saturday. She ended up poking the cashier because she was rude to her.
There was no clear instruction as to why she was not allowed to use certain facilities at the shop which added to her frustration.
She was banned by management from entering the shop for life even if she had apologized.

Can someone clarify for me if this is acceptable or she could have been given a warning or banned from entering the shop for a certain period?

This is of course a legal question, and a local lawyer should be consulted. But I suspect this is entirely within a shopkeeper's rights. At one stage I seem to remember they would have signs stating that "RIght of admission is reserved", or something like that, confirming that they have the right to refuse anyone admission to their shop.

1