Question
Posted by: Nats | 2010/02/16

Bananas

I' ve been having terrible stomach ache since yesterday, but I noticed that it was only after I' ve eaten a banana. Sometimes nothing happens, but again today after I had the banana, I got terrible stomach ache and feel very bloated and windy. I' m going to avoid eating the banana tomorrow to see what happens.

Dear Nats
Basically any food item can cause sensitivities or allergies, so if you find that you only react to bananas, then cut them out of your diet and rather eat other fruit that does not cause these symptoms. If you do develop the symptoms even when you have not eaten bananas for a few weeks, I would recommend that you have a medical checkup to determine what is causing these stomach aches and winds.

2
Posted by: C | 2010/02/17

Nats - did you eat the banana on an empty stomach? I find that if I eat bananas on an empty stomach, the same thing happens to me. When I eat my banana some time after breakfast or after lunch, no consequences.

Reply to C

Dear Nats