Question
Posted by: Milly | 2012/02/15

banana

im tryingh to lose weight# sigh# AND I dont really eat dinner coz I dont feel hungry afta gym. i GYM AT 6PM four times a week. i FINISH AT 7pm and after that I dont feel hungry so I drink a supplement (GI LEAN Shake) and 1 large banana and thats it. THATS my dinner. I ''ve heard so many stories about banana and eating banana late. I was told NOT to eat banana when trying to lose, AND never to eat it after 3pm. whats your take on this banana business??
For a typical day I eat :
breakfast: brown rice and veges
snack:apple OR peach
lunch: chicken/fish with salad OR veges
snack :pear/mango
Dinner: 1 large banana and shake.(I take my shake with 250ml 2% milk)
Am I gonna lose wight this way ? Im also worried about milk.
Please advice. I wanna lose 5kgs. i NOW weigh 60kgS.
2 litres of

Dear Milly
I am amazed by all the myths that abound about the humble old banana. The news that we are not allowed to eat bananas after a certain time of day and not when trying to lose weight, is new to me. I must say that I have never read a single scientific paper that supported these or any of the other 'banana myths', so if you find that you are satisfied with your glass of shake and 2% milk plus a banana, then that is fine and it will not hamper weightloss. Now why are you worried about the milk? Recent research has actually shown that slimming diets that include up to 4 servings of low-fat milk, yoghurt or cottage cheese per day Promote weightloss. In addition you as a woman need 1200 mg of calcium a day to prevent 'brittle bones' which can result in stress fractures esp if you do a lot of exercise at present and osteoporosis in the future. To ensure that you still get sufficient calcium even when you are slimming it is important to include 3 servings of low-fat or fat-free diary or milk per day. You report that you are having 1 serving of milk per day (i.e. that glass in the evening). I would suggest that you add another glass of low-fat milk and a fat-free yoghurt to your daily intake.

1

Dear Milly