Question
Posted by: Mangi | 2011/11/08

banana

Good day Doc, i am working on loosing weight i weigh 64.2 and height 1.60 and i am 30years old, i want to loose 4kg, i eat about 3 small bananas per day, one with my break fast cereal, 1 before i get to Gym and the other one after Gym, will Banana makes my joney to loose wegt slow? i also eat aples and other fruits, i go to gym 3 times per week for 2 hours.

Thank you.

Dear Mangi
Your present BMI = 25 which is still within the normal range (18-25), but losing those 4 kg will reduce your BMI to 23 which is close to ideal for an adult woman. Eating the 3 small bananas spread out over the day as you describe will not hamper your weightloss. It is excellent that you are going to the gym 3 times a week and doing exercise for 2 hours per session.
Keep up the good work

3
Posted by: Sega | 2012/02/07

I just want to ask how long it takes for a banana to be digest in the stomach. I''ve just started exercising again and i''m trying to loose atleast 3kg in one month and i would like to know if eating bananas would affect my weight loss. I''m 23years and 1.51m in height and my bmi is 24

Reply to Sega
Posted by: Sega | 2012/02/07

Reply to Sega

Dear Mangi
Keep up the good work