Question
Posted by: Banana Lover | 2009/09/10

Banana

I enjoy eating bananas, at time I can have 2 - 3 small bananas in one day. I am trying to loose weight - can eating so many bananas hamper my weight-loss?

Dear Banana Lover
Any food when eaten in excess has the potential to cause weight gain. According to the SA Food Tables bananas contain 384 kJ or 92 kcal per 100g. So weigh those 2-3 small bananas (peeled of course) and work out how much energy they contain as follows: Weight of the bananas you eat/day x 384 kJ divided by 100. If the total energy intake from the bananas equals 384 kJ (for example), then you are ingesting 6% of your daily energy intake when slimming, which is not excessive.

2
Posted by: Anthea | 2009/09/10

I have been obese my whole life, i am now trying to change my lifestyle. I am 42 and have a under active thyroid my blood group is B+ can you please assist with healthy food options.

Reply to Anthea
Posted by: Anthea | 2009/09/10

Reply to Anthea