Question
Posted by: BONNY | 2009/10/12

BAMBINO

I turned 41 in June. Am I too old to still have another baby? my daughter is 21yrs old. I had a checkup in January and the doc said I was still perfectly healthy. when will I be too old to have a baby?

Fertility does decrease after 40, so you may not fall pregnant. Also there is an increased risk of having a baby with Down syndrome at your age. You would have to decide whether you wish to take this risk.

2

Posted by: ka | 2009/10/12

I had my youngest at 41 and encountered no problems, except bp. Go ahead if you are healthy, but expect a few extra tests like an amnio. good luck

Reply to ka