Posted by: Spark | 2009-05-11

Balnky issue of 4535

I tried to discuss the issue with my daughter about giving up her blankie. As i said tried. As soon as i got to mention taking blanky away, she cried histerical and held it blanky so tight her nuckles were white. I asked her why she wants blanky when she is a growing girl, intllegent and smart. I even offered to frame blanky for her room. All she said is she loves God and Jesus first then blanky. She said she doesn' t know why she can' t let blanky go.

You mentioned I should maybe take her to a shrink or someone. Where would I find a good shildren one?

I wouldn't have talked with her about taking it away, but just about how she feels about it, why it seems so important to her. She does sound unusually fiercely attached to it, for her age. Can't recommend specific shrinks, but you could ask your GP, the school, FAMSA, or local Anxiety-Depression support group or even lifeline, if they know a good local child shrink. Best get help now. WOuldn't like to picture her at her wedding, going up the aisle, with her bouquet wrapped in blanky.

Posted by: CC | 2009-05-11

Well if you still call it a balnky what do you expect speak to your chilld as you shoukld speak to a child her age. I think you are the problem.

Reply to CC