Question
Posted by: Too Young to be bald | 2010/10/13

Bald at 26!

I started loosing my hair right after matric...my dad is not bold...I''m 26 now and shave my head to hide the thinning hair...I tried vigrow it didnt work...i''m not a diabetic nor do I know of any thiroid problems...what can I do?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi ‘Too Young to be bald’, thank you for the question.

Your best approach would be to see a dermatologist who can examine the scalp and look for other causes of early hair loss. However this may be a genetic factor from your mom’s side (one of the males) or from your father’s side (further back in the family line) and if this is the case unfortunately there is not much one can do to prevent this hair loss.

The only available options are various surgical implantation of hair follicles but my advice would be to research this very well and the surgeon/doctor performing these procedures before deciding on a particular treatment choice.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2010/10/20

Reply to anti-ageing expert