Question
Posted by: Adele | 2010-07-30

Balanced

Hallo doc, Thanks for your reply on no. 473
I forgot to ask you if you think that all the bran &  wheat might make me retain water, as it feels as if my wedding band sits tighter than usual. I have been eating like mentioned in no. 473 for about 10days now.

Thanks and have a blessed weekend.

Dear Adele
High-fibre foods like bran should not cause water retention because they promote bowel regularity, which results in some loss of water with the stools. Fibre should not affect kidney function. The kidneys are the primary organs that excrete water. You may just be experiencing monthly hormonal fluctuations which can cause water retention. Don't increase your total liquid intake to more than 2,5 litre per day (this includes everything you drink), because excess water intake can cause what is called an electrolyte imbalance that can result in water retention. Moderation is the key.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-07-31

Dear Adele