balance and dizziness

Hi Dr - the last two days I have had spells of feeling like I have lost my balance. I cant make out if its a feeling of dizziness or just " losing my balance" . If I stand up or sit up even after waking up in bed it feels as if my head feels heavy and i feel off balance.(I actually dont know best how to describe it) Afterwards I feel a bit shakey and have a headache? I am a 43 year old female. I am generally very healthy - have had a few spells in the past year of low blood sugar and have suffered periodically over the years with low blood pressure.

Dear Anonymous
If it feels as if the earth is turning around you if you quickly turn you head, you may have vertigo. This is often caused by infection in the middle ear or an imbalance of the pressure in the middle ear. It usually subsides without side effects after a few days. If you feel very drunk and nauseous, you can get a prescription for Serc or Sturgeron from your doctor, but he will want to examine you first.