Question

bags under the eyes

i am black 50 year old women and have developed bags under my eyes. What can you recommend

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Anonymous, thank you for the question and my apologies for the long delay with my answer.

This is a difficult question to answer over the net as the development of bags under the eyes has a number of causes and therefore different treatment options. Possible causes include a loss of fat in the tear trough and mid cheek (dermal fillers may be used); a loss of ligamentous support (surgery may be indicated); or fat that has dropped from the lower eyelid (surgery may be indicated); or a combination of these. Following from this your best option would be to consult a plastic surgeon or an aesthetic medical practitioner who can examine the area and advise you on the best treatment options.