Question
Posted by: Sarah | 2009-03-10

Badmouth

Me and my boyfriend have been dating for 2 and a half years, broke up for a year and a half and then got back together. Problem is lots of people bad mouth him and say he is a player. We didnt broke up because he cheated on me or anything. All these bad comments about him makes me feel insecure and uncertain. We have a good relationship but i cant help to think that there must be a reason for all these people to say bad stuff about him e.a. he will dump you for a younger woman when you get older or they cant understand what i see in him?! I really love him but now i am starting to have some doubt and trust issues. Please give me some advice.

Why would all these people want to bad mouth him ? Is it possible that he IS a player, and they are trying to warn you to be more cautious ? Have you discused these issues with him ?

2
Posted by: Kelly | 2009-03-11

Sounds like they could know a thing or more about him that you don' t know and believe me you would be the last one to find out.
Trust me, been there done that and wished i had payed more attention to all the warnings i was given BUT i chose to trust in him as he said those ppl were just jealous and wanted what he had etc.
I' d say be cautious but dont put your life on hold because of it.
Don' t put your heart on the line either

Reply to Kelly
Posted by: respect | 2009-03-10

people badmouth other people all the time, mostly out of hatred and jealosy.

when you say badmouth i presume you are referring to a form of slander via gossip?

there' s a very old book out there somewhere - its the international best seller of all time - in it theres advice about gossip.... " a fool listens to gossip" 

for what its worth :-)

Reply to respect