Question
Posted by: thandi | 2010/07/05

Bad Supervisor

I am working in HR Department under Recruitment Section. We are 4 in our team and I have just found out that I dont qualify to get bonuses I investigated the matter and guess what, one of our colleague in the team is the HOD''s niece, he is the only one that qualifies with the supervisor, they got 70 the two of them and the two of us who do not qualify got 68. The thing is she accessed us and found out that we got this number and didnt even bother to tell us that we do not qualify and what must she do in order that we must qualify, but she I think he has done for the HOD''s niece. I confronted the other colleague of mine who also is in the same situation, she says she confronted the supervisor but the supervisor says there is nothing that she can do its like that, I said we must do something but she says she is fine there is nothing that she also can do.

I would like to confront her please advise me on what to say because I am a very quiet person that is why she takes advantage of us. please assist

Awkward situation ! Especially as one would sugest to anyone else, to go and discuss it with the HR folks ! Lets see what other readers can recoomend. IS there someone more senior than the HOD with whom you might be able to discuss this dilemma ? Maybe you can discuss this with a labour law expert ?

1