Bad smell under baby toe

This is embarrassing but i have to ask, what causes the smell under my toe and how do i get rid of it ? it' s only under the baby toe.what can i do

Expert ImageArchive

The most common reason for this is a fungal infection.

As an initial intervention I would suggest one of the fungal creams that are available from the pharmacy.

If the problem recurs, as it often does, it may be that the problem is more systemic i.e. the predominent site of the fungal infection, as strange as it may sound, lies in the digestive tract. This requires a dietry modification program, removing the types of foods that 'feed' the fungi and high doses of the 'friendly bacteria' supplementation.

The foods that are the main culprits are: all forms of sugar (including high intake of carbohydrates), alcohol, processed and fast food and coffee. Chat to your health shop about friendly bacteria supplementation.

I'm sure that this will resolve the problem.