Posted by: Aims | 2009-01-08

Bad skin... achne

Please help.
8 months ago i left the pill in order to fall pregnant, I' m about 11 weeks preg now! I never had pimples etc. but since I left the pill my skin really looks BAD!! I feel like a teenager with all the pimples. I use Environ products and Este Lauder' s foundation. My skin is very oily and my face looks reddish! What can I do? Should I also invest in a powder in order to get this reddish away? or what do you recommend?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Aims, thank you for the question and my apologies for the long delay with my answer. Congratulations with the pregnancy and I wish you and your husband all of the best with the arrival of the new baby.

Your best option would be to consult a dermatologist who can examine the skin and advise you on the appropriate treatment regime. Often acne may be treated with a good at home regime, and my suggestion is to visit my web page to grade your acne (
Under the Resources Tab click the skin and acne classification and once you have graded your acne visually you can check for the recommended treatment.
Some quick tips: always use oil free topical products including your makeup and sun protection. Use a topical range that is specific for acne and oily skin such as NeoStrata NeoCeuticals.