bad skin

For the last week I have been suffering from a really bad skin, I have just come up with pimples all over my face, I have not recently changed my face wash or cream. My skin does usually flare up 2-3 days before my period but never this bad. I have tried various different facial masks and nothing seems to help. I find my skin is dry yet oily, it is flaking in places and is very taught after I have washed it but within an hour of washing it it is oily again, I dont know if I am maybe using too much moisturiser or not enough. I am 24 years old. Any suggestions as to what I can do?

Dear Anonymous
Try not to wash too much/harsh as this stimulates the oil production. Use a moisturizing bar like Dove instead of soaps and use a moisturizer for oily skin. Try Benzac on the spots.