Posted by: jamy | 2009-08-12

bad reflection

i have a problem of being incompetent at work. i keep making stupid mistakes. i have bn working for quite a long time but it doesnt get better. Everybody else around me seem to function very well. i am not a smart person but wish to do better at work. i admire people that are just in controle of things, i am not, not even in controle of my own life. i forget to do things, sometimes i cant even think properly like one dumb person. what can i do for skills to become better at work and more incharge.people that are more intelligent seem to be more in charge which will be difficult for me as i am not intelligent and dont tell me i am. i have like a limitation on my brain that cant seem to think independently like others do. i forever nd the help of others it is so annoying.pls help.explain to me in detail what i can do about my situation. it really troubles puts a bad reflection on me.

Well, it's rare for any of the many people who are actually incompetent at work to either notice or care about it, so you've made at least one good step forward. Isn't there a HR dept or person a work, who you could talk things over, with ? Your work has some duties to you, to help you with further training ans assistance to enable you to improve your performance. Sounds like you may also have problems with low self-esteem, and counselling can help a lot with that. And heck, I'm a professor and author, etc., and I write things down whenever I can --- and too often lose the safe place I put the notes in !

Posted by: tt | 2009-08-12

my love please stop blaming your self read more of motivational boos the likes of be a cough of your own life, author by fiona i read it as well it helps

good luck.

Reply to tt
Posted by: somebody | 2009-08-12

sounds like you are critically watching yourself through a microscope. Even those people that you think are brilliant have their share of mistakes and hide them well.Also listen to talk radios such as 702 as they keep you informed and argue issues which engages a persons mind.

Reply to somebody
Posted by: With you | 2009-08-12

Sorry i' m not gooner help but add as you not the only one.
I make stupid mistakes like nobody' s business, i can' t even relate or hold a descent conversation with my peers. Let alone flirting with someone attracted to me, it has lowered my self-esteem as well. I become so dump, one of my former employers once mentioned it to one of my colleagues that was coaching me then that " this woman is so dump" . Even at home i can' t even make a decision it wont be taken serious as dump as it is. mnxm!!

My man advise me to read news papers thinks i' m smart but not informed, i read those news papers and books, yet i still forget what i read. how i pass the interviews once im employed i wont know what i' m doing, i mess up everything, i cause discrepancies. advice accordingly as well...

Reply to With you
Posted by: Red | 2009-08-12

Jamy I know how you feel girl and there is no harm in writing things down. Don' t feel so bad and beating your head on a brick.

What is your working environment like. I' m still searching for something new. I am not happy where I am because I am not being developed in my area of work.

Good luck.

Reply to Red
Posted by: jamy | 2009-08-12

easy for you to say, not trying to be rude. but if you knew me you would really see that i catch on slowly than other people. its embarrasing.and its more difficult when you have to write everything down then i look more stupid

Reply to jamy
Posted by: Gracie | 2009-08-12

You must stop putting yourself down - you are not dumb. Stop telling yourself that you are incapable of doing things! Try thinking positive thoughts about yourself, your life, your work! If you are forgetful, you could make a list of things you need to do! We all forget things sometimes - I need to put reminders on my cellphone to remind me to do certain things! A " to do"  list is what it is called - draw one up and add to it as you remember things that need to be done! THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH ASKING FOR HELP, NOT ASKING FOR HELP IS THE PROBLEM! I have been working in law firms more almost 26 years and there are still things I need help with - one cannot know everything! We all learn as we go along! It' s so much better to ask and do something the correct way, than battle on by yourself as you don' t want to ask for help! If you forget what someone shows you, make notes - you can always go back to those notes when you get stuck! NOW STOP PUTTING YOURSELF DOWN! Good luck!

Reply to Gracie