Question
Posted by: Jenna | 2010/06/09

Bad reaction to Celebrex

Hi Doc,

After my wisdom teeth op, my surgeon prescribed antibiotics as well as the anti inflammatory Celebrex to help with swelling. Four days after the op I could not stop vomiting and had to be rushed to hospital and put on a drip. At a check-up my surgeon said it was most likely a bad reaction to the Celebrex.

I never want to feel like that in my life again! Is it the sulphur in Celebrex that I am maybe allergic to? What other common types of drugs have sulphur which I should know about? Or is it maybe something completely different that I reacted too?

Hi Jenna
Celebrex is an anti-inflammatory medication and this can irritate the stomach lining causing nausea and stomach ache. You are probably not allergic but need to be careful when taking anti-inflammatory medications - never take it on an empty stomach. Celebrex does not contain sulphur.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/06/09

Hi Jenna