Question
Posted by: Mia | 2008/12/08

Bad period pains

Hi doc.
I hope you can help me. I' m 28 years old and I' ve been experiencing extrememly bad period pains for as long as I can remember, well, ever since I went off the pill about a year ago. The pain seems to be getting worse every month. Two nights ago I started getting terrible pains in my lower back and my ribs, so bad in fact, that my husband had to take me to the hospital at 1o' clock in the morning as I could not take the pain anymore. The doctor on call said it could' ve been something I had eaten, which I really doubt, as I seem to always get these pains around the third day into my period. I have been doing some reading on the internet which says it' s possible that I might have endimetriosis. I am so afraid of this as I am trying to fall pregnant. I will be making an appointment with a gynae in the area to discuss this with him, but could you possibly tell me how they test for endemetriosis? I have never been to a gynae and don' t know what to expect. I am sick and tired of doctors always prescribing tablets for me for the pain to go away. I want to find out what is wrong with me as I' d like to find the source. I can' t live the rest of my life experiencing these extreme pains every month. Please help!!

What you describe could be endometriosis. A laparoscopy is done to diagnose this.

1
Posted by: zamah | 2009/01/12

Subject: Bad period pains
Posted by: Mia
Message:
Hi doc.
I hope you can help me. I'  m 28 years old and I'  ve been experiencing extrememly bad period pains for as long as I can remember, well, ever since I went off the pill about a year ago. The pain seems to be getting worse every month. Two nights ago I started getting terrible pains in my lower back and my ribs, so bad in fact, that my husband had to take me to the hospital at 1o'  clock in the morning as I could not take the pain anymore. on call really doubt, as I seem to always get these pains around the first day into my period. I have been doing some reading on the internet which says it'  s possible that I might have endimetriosis. I am so afraid of this as I am trying to fall pregnant. I will be making an appointment with a gynae in the area to discuss this with him, but could you possibly tell me how they test for endemetriosis? I have never been to a gynae and don'  t know what to expect. I am sick and tired of doctors always prescribing tablets for me for the pain to go away. I want to find out what is wrong with me as I'  d like to find the source. I can'  t live the rest of my life experiencing these extreme pains every month. Please help!! how to cure period pains
Date: 12/01.09

Reply to zamah