Question
Posted by: concern | 2009-02-24

bad odour

I had a hysterectomy 12 years ago at the age of 30 due to CIN3 developement. Now I am experiencing bad odours and leakage even if I sit for a few min after urinating. I wipe myself and stand up and repeat the process. It is not the same odour as thrush or infection as I remember those smells. This is like a constant smell, I also use baby wipes every time I go to the toilet in the hopes that that would help. I have used thrush vaginal ointments but its still constant. I experience a stabbing pain where my appendix use to be. Not often but when it occurs its painfull, can this be related. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

It may be that you have an infection other than thrush. You will need to see a gynaecologist to assess this. It is unlikely that the pain and the smell are related.