Question
Posted by: Forgetful | 2009-07-12

Bad memory and slow brain

Hi, I am 27. I use to be a very bright student at school and an overall clever, bright person. Lately however, I really feel like I cannot remember things and that my brain is just very fussy and not really " concentrating"  on anything that I hear, obviously at work, this is becoming a problem.

I do think that I need more sleep. I stay up to watch the shows that interest me, but they only air from about 22h00 onwards and this keeps me awake. I am considering taking the tv completely out of my room and spend my time on other things instead.

I also need to read more and maybe play games like soduko etc.

I have also started drinking decaf coffee about 2 months ago to help with my spastic colon condition - maybe I need some caffeine?

Around the same time I joined Weight Watchers and have lost about 8.5 kilos so far, could this " shock"  to my body cause bad memory?

I see in some other posts you have recommended Omega 3 &  6 - I have tried this before for about 2 weeks and didnt notice a difference, after how long would one notice better memory?

And also what is " royal jelly"  - is it a tablet? Where would you buy this?

Could all of the above assist in getting my old, good memory and bright brain back?

Kindly advise, thanks!

Dear Forgetful
Royal jelly is a supplement you will find at health shops - I think it is in tablet form.
Loss of concentration in young age is usually due to stress, depression, sleep deprivation, certain medications, and some drugs like cannabis.
Try to get at least 8 hours of sleep per day and some exercise (even if it is walking for about 30 min's per day) Try to tape the TV programmes you would like to see and watch it earlier in the evening. Losing weight would not influence your concentration unless you are not getting in all your vitamins ( which is unlikely with Weight watchers) Caffeiene is not necessary for good concentration.

1
Posted by: Zexeon | 2009-07-13

I' ve watched Oprah and they said
dry red wine
coffee
flaxceed
stimmulating your brain by reading, games (I play zefrank memory game alot but going to play word and other games with the children today as well)
enough sleep
vit. ect. could all improve your memory.

I don' t know what royal jelly is although did you saw that silicon substance that absorbs the schock waves of the bouncing egg ect. that was trown from a 3rd story building on last nights real t.v. thats cool.

IF all methods fail that I doubt you could consider running of with Zeus wife then you would have enough.

Reply to Zexeon