Posted by: Leo | 2009-04-08

Bad memory

I am 33 and have the memory of a 180 year old and it feels like it is just getting worse. I can not remember a name or discussion I had in the workplace from the day before or even the same morning. Am I lacking vitamins/minerals or should I go see my GP. Perhaps a brain sergeon ......

Dear Leo
Bad memory can be caused by depression, anxiety, stress, dementia ( diseases like Alzheimer's disease/Parkinsons disease), side effects of drugs, thyroid problems, menopause, strokes, head injury and alcoholism. If you think that it is having a negative impact on your day to day life, you should rather see your GP. He can do the basic examinations and blood tests and refer you to a specialist if needed.
Also see:,16364.asp

Posted by: Leo | 2009-04-14

Thanks Dr. Yes now that you mention it I had very bad post natal depression after my baby was born 7 months ago, must still be related to that.

Reply to Leo