Question
Posted by: Masedi | 2012-04-10

Bad marriage

I think I am losing myself. I had been in a very unhappy marriage for 3 years. My hubby rejects me most of the time and I ended up having an affair for the past 6 months. The man is been kind and always supportive whenever I need him. I used to cry myself to sleep every weekend since husband is always not around, either with friends partying or work. Now I don''t really care if he is around or not. But I feel that this affair I am in its wrong, since I am married. I didn''t plan to end my marriage so it’ s difficult both ways to decide, if I should stay or rather end things with husband as I am really unhappy around him. I am not really keen or worried about the affair I have, I am just thinking he drove me to lose my morals.

As you are surely discovering, having an affair solves nothing, and complicates everything. Why on earth not persuade your husband to join you in marriage counselling ? THen you could explore why you are both unhappy, and whether this can be sorted out between you.
Whatever the reasons you became unhappy in the marriage, your husband didn't "drive you to lose your morals" - that's a journey you decided on your own, and walked on your own legs, without anyone else driving you.

2
Posted by: Lea | 2012-04-10

I know the feeling, although I have not succumbed to have an affair. I have been tempted and had someone pursuing me for over 2 yrs, but refused.

But I understand what ur going through. The frustrtation and loneliness is horrible. And it is terribly difficult to get some hubbys to join you in counselling. My hubby is black and he will hear of no such thing. I recently told him how depressed i have been &  told him I am thinking of seeing a therapist &  he was so annoyed with me.

Reply to Lea