Question
Posted by: Irritated. | 2011/04/17

Bad mannered kids

we a are an older couple who have recently become involved with 2 young ladies, 10 and 13 via a family connection. The young ladies have a different approach to our social norms that is highly irritating to us. For example, their parents allow them to help themselves to food before the aduts, with no restrictions as to what they take, nor the quantity irrespective of those to follow in the queue. A lot of the food is thus wasted, horrible !! They always ask for more pudding and ask for the last piece of cake. Mother says nothing. A slice of cream cake is taken, the cream is eaten off the cake and the rest is left. The mother says its OK to leave the cake if you do not want it.
Now what I would like to know is what is going on in that mothers mind ?? Is this normal? I don''t think so. What example is she setting and what is the general consensus amongst the readers? I think its horrible and really gets my goat !!

Expert ImageBehaviour modification

I completely agree with you. If I were you I would speak my mind. You don't have to come on strong, simply state your case in a succinct and polite manner. If nothing else you will get it off your chest. Chances are, the parents don't know any better either. Perhaps if they hear your point of view it may plant a seed of thought. If you get adversity you have probably hit a nerve. If it bothers you and they do nothing to amend their habits, perhaps you should limit the time you see them to save you from more frustration.

1
Posted by: Behaviour modification | 2011/04/20

Reply to Behaviour modification