Question
Posted by: Landi | 2008-10-30

Bad Habbits

I have posted before and explained my situation and asked if I should see a shrink, the answer was yes I needed to. I never made the effort to do so. My question is ... if I do see a shrink and get rid of the trauma`s whould I be able to stop with my bad habbits (smoking, drinking ect.) because I feel that it`s the reason why I`m doing it? Does medical aid (Discovery Keycare) cover shrinks?

You'll havwe to ask your medical aid about exactly what they do cover, but any medical aid worthy of respect should provide some cover for shrinks. And even before you deal with all the traums that bother you, you should, with proper treatment, be able to stop the bad habits of smoking and rinking, especially with a CBT type approach

1
Posted by: Kasandra | 2008-10-30

Landi because of post traumatic stress feelings and emotions i carried which wasnt resolved i self medicated myself with alcohol drugs etc eating disorder and depression all side effects of not dealing with problems. I went for therapy and work on resolving issues forgiving myself and healing and loving myself. Its a process today i found healthy habbits to replace the bad ones and dont go overboard. Take the step and start healing cause unfort on your own you never get to the core of things.

Reply to Kasandra