Question
Posted by: Ansie | 2010/08/03

BAD HABBIT

Hi doc,
I am trying to loose a bit of weight but have this BAD HABIT when I cook supper for us I tend to keep on tasting and picking while I cook. By the time I dish up for supper I am not hungry at all but still eat with the family.
Have you got any advise for my to what I can do to stop this very BAD habit?

Dear Ansie
Now that you have realised that you have this habit of tasting and eating while preparing food, YOU are the only person who can control your behaviour. Take a conscious decision not to eat anything during food preparation and when you sit down to dinner eat a normal plate of food, otherwise you will start gaining additional weight.

3
Posted by: Lyn | 2010/08/12

Have you tried chewing on a sugarfree gum while making the food?

Reply to Lyn
Posted by: Lee Ann | 2010/08/04

Try putting on your favourite cd and singing along to the music? You can''t eat and sing at the same time... oh, also try having a small snack beforehand so that you don''t go into the kitchen starved and ready to attack anything remotely edible.

Reply to Lee Ann

Dear Ansie