Posted by: John Pieters | 2010-12-05

Good Day Doctor, I am at present concerned about an experience I had this morning shortly after breakfast.
While sitting relaxed in my arm chair I experienced a sickening feeling of the room rotating rapidly. I first blinked my eyes in the hope the feeling would stop. I then sat up still blinking heavily. Still nothing happened I then shook my head very hard. This gradually did the job and after a short while the sensation stopped. While this was going on I tried desperatly to focus on the TV screen but could not do so. There was not pain during or after the event and no further unpleassantness. Can you help with a reason for this. I am hypertensive, have colesterol, and am diabetic.
John Pieters

John Pieters

Any of your chronic conditions that you have, could have caused this episode. I therefore, suggest that you consult your doctor for a full examination. He/she should also determine if your chronic illnesses are well controlled or not.