Question
Posted by: Lizzy | 2012/07/31

Bad Dreams

Last night I dreamt I was removing my face, but it came off like a mask. First it was a few pieces then i removed the entire " mask"  and I held it in my hands, feeling very confused.
A few nights before i dreamt my dad had died, not of any sickness or any other cause, he just died.
I don''t know what to think about all os this, but i am waking up extremely tired and feeling very upset and uncomfortable.
Please help.

Hello L, Most dreams have, disappointingly, no meaning at all ; or, with their largely random content, offer us at best a chance to reveal what might be concerning us by whatever pattern or meaning we might see in them, like seeing patterns in the clouds or flames.
So, if there is any meaning in these ( other than the surprisingly common background of indigestion !) it could reflectm maybe, a concern about the health and well-being of your father, and maybe the Mask idea, that you may not be showing your true self to others, but a "mask" designed to please them more than to reflect you ?
As Maria mentions, starting or stopping a surprising number of different drugs can lead to an increase in dreaming, and i more frequent waking ( which is when we remember the dreams we were having then ).

3
Posted by: Lizzy | 2012/08/01

I have been on anti-depressents for a while now, about 5 months, the dreams are recent. I do worry about my dad, but I speak to him quite often and he seems to be in good health. I think what i really need is a night of uninterrrupted sleep, i don''t think I have had one of those in about 2 years, but thanks for the advice. Much appreciated

Reply to Lizzy
Posted by: Maria | 2012/07/31

Have you started or stopped taking any medication recently? Are there things in your life causing unusual stress or anxiety at the moment?

Reply to Maria