Posted by: Anon | 2009-05-25

Bad dreams

The psyciatrist can not give patients perscriptions but sha did write aetter to my GP stating that i need something for depression and anxiety and my GP gave me the perscription for serlife.

another thing, that i forgot to mention is that i feel numb and heavy in the mornings when i wake up, this never happened before serlife, i feel so numb that i struggle to lift my arm up it feels very heavy and then i feel dizzy as well in the morning, and sometimes,(not alot) i feel like throwing up in the evening
but i never throw up. do you think that this bad dreams and all will eventually disapear as i go on with this mediation or should i go on something else? i am on the lowest dose of serlife(50mg) i fear that something lower might not help?

Its a psychologist that cannot write prescriptions ; a psychiatrist, being a fully trained doctor, CAN write prescriptions. But OK, I see where the serlife comes from. Some ADS can give one mild nausea in the early stages. Most side-effects are worst in the first 10 days or so, then tend to reduce or go away. All meds need at least a certain level in the body to have any chance of working, so one only starts on a lower dose temporarily to increase it after you're settled with side-effects ( if that happens to be a problem ) You might well have less side-effects on a different AD, and some, being now available in generic form ( chemically dentical but at lower price
) can also provide useful savings.