Question

Bad cold and 4 weeks pregnant

Dear Doc

I am about 4 weeks pregnant and have a bad cold. I am using Iladian nasal spray and nothing else.

Are there any risks to the embryo due to the cold so early in my pregnancy? Is there any medication that I can perhaps take?

Unless you have a high fever, there are no risks to the fetus. You can take Panado, but avoid other medications.

4
Posted by: Zama | 2010/05/17

My gynae prescribed me ACC200 and of course Panado for pain. You also need to drink plent of fluids and rest.

Get well soon. It is so not a good time to be ill. What with the morning sickness, fatigues and all. I fee for you girl

Reply to Zama

Posted by: dee | 2010/05/14

i use to crush ginger root, add sugar and boiling water, it was very helpful, u can try it

Reply to dee
Posted by: Purple | 2010/05/14

I think almost all women get a cold shortly after finding out they''re pregnant.

You can also take panado if you are feeling very achy.

Steam your face over a bowl of boiled water with a towel over your head, it helps ease congestion as well.

Reply to Purple