Question
Posted by: DENISE WAGENAAR | 2011/07/27

bad breathe

My husband has had a very bad breathe lately, How do I tell him? What can I give him to take the smell away? What is the cause?

Dear Denise
Bad breath can be due to a number of different causes including dental problems (bad teeth, infections, abscesses, poor hygiene, gum disease), sinus problems (infections such as sinusitis), stomach problems, and eating habits (eating large quantities of foods with a strong smell such as garlic, raw onions, legumes, or eating a high protein diet that causes ketosis), to name but a few possible factors. I would recommend that you tell your hubby that you have noticed that he seems to have bad breath and were wondering what this could be due to. Suggest that he has a dental and/or medical examination so that he can obtain the correct treatment to prevent this smell. Regular brushing of the teeth, use of an oral mouth wash and chewing pleasant smelling pastilles, chewing gum or even parsley can help.
I hope you can pinpoint what is causing your hubby's bad breath and cure the problem.

1

Dear Denise