Question
Posted by: Brian A Hewson | 2010/04/14

Bad breath-halitosis????

My 8 year old German Sheperd has developed a foul, Halitosis type breath, what suggestions can you make he eats all hsi food, pellets + Butch or Boss as an added flavour.
He is otherwise seemingly health.
Please help. Vets I have taken him to are very negative and extremely expensive and no " no work no pay option.

Dear Brian

The foods you are using is poor quality and that can make things worse. He could also be eating his own faeces or cat faeces because he feels hungry after a bowl full of butch.

3
Posted by: Su | 2010/04/16

My dachsund''s breath sometimes smells bad, but I have found that if I give Protexin(available from vet, not pricey) in some water it really helps and the problem is cleared up the next day.

Reply to Su
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010/04/16

Dear Brian

Reply to Cybervet
Posted by: Chill | 2010/04/14

Could be a tooth problem, could be a throat problem, could be a digestive problem - the treatment would be quite different depending on what it is.

Must say that if you think Butch or Boss actually enhance the flavour, then the pellets must be pretty awful - both Butch and Boss smell like wet cardboard to me. But I digress.

Reply to Chill