Question
Posted by: Zahara | 2010/10/27

bad breath galore

I need help. Ive been dating this guy for 2 months..
I feel strongly for him and want us to be together but he has really bad breath and I just cant stand kissing him at times.
I dont wanna break up with him cos I feel this is a treatable ailment but honestly how do I break it down gently so that I dont injure his feelings?Please help

Oddly, we've had this question a couple of times before. People with bad breath or other body odours usually don't notice it, because any small that is around you steadily, your nose stops recognizing. ( When I visited the thermal area at Rotorua in New Zealand, for instance, when you first arrive you wonder how people can bear to live in a town with such a strong smell of sulphur ; but after 10 minutes you no longer notice the odour ).
In the situation you describe, I don't see much alternative but to discuss it with him, kindly and gently. Say that you care about him very much, but that he has really very bad breath and you're sure he can't notice it himself. Emphasize that you want to help him to solve this problem, because you don't want to break up with him. A dentist or Gp might be able to advise, as one needs to check the cause. Scrupulous tooth-brushing at least a couple of times a day, scraping the tongue if it's furry, and using mouth-wash is likely to help. Sometimes bad breath can relate to other medical conditions, and thus a medical check-up is indicated if the obvious remedies don't work well enough, as the odour may indicate somethig more is wrong, and needs to be helped

4
Posted by: just a thought | 2010/10/27

ask him for a lift to your dentist and when you are there tell him you have made him an appointment too and youve already paid - prime the dentist re the problem - may cost you r400 but it could be a great investment in the relationship.

Reply to just a thought
Posted by: foreigner | 2010/10/27

because its only you, only me thats why it was deleted.

Reply to foreigner
Posted by: Only me..why delete my post Cybershrink??? | 2010/10/27

May I ask why my post was deleted pls????

Reply to Only me..why delete my post Cybershrink???