Question
Posted by: Embarresed | 2011-03-18

Bad breath

I suffer from a severe bad breath. People are sometimes standing back when i open my mouth. I can also smell the odour myself. I have been to the dentist 3x to check for cavities. The dentist did not find anything, he also took X-rays. The 3rd visit he did not even charge me.
He said I must consult a doctor.
1. How can this be treated?
2. Is there products other than mouth wash and flossing which I can try?
3. Is there perhaps medication which a doctor can prescribe for killing bad breath?
4. Is there some test which a lab can analyze the bacteria in your mouth?

You are suffering from halitosis and I suggest that you refer to the following link for an explanation, causes and treatment: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halitosis