Posted by: Flower | 2009-02-20

Bad body odour surrounds me

my close family says I have a bad odour that surrounds me (I cannot smell anything - I brush my teeth and tongue 3 times a day - wash myself with a anti bacteria soap once or twice a day (bath or shower) - use anti perspirant deodorant - can it be something to do with my colon or something - I am desparate - thank you very much

Dear Flower
It may be a good idea to have a medical and a dental checkup just to make sure that you do not have an underlying condition such as infected teeth, tonsils or nasal infections or fat malabsorption that could be causing the bad odour. I don't know if you eat a lot of foods that contain sulphur compounds such as raw onions, garlic and eggs. These sulphur compounds can be excreted in sweat and cause an unpleasant smell. Also consider seeing a Dermatologist if you do sweat excessively.