Posted by: Sarah | 2008-12-22

Bad back-ache (29 wks pregnant)

I am 29 weeks pregnant. For the last four weeks I' ve been suffering with a sharp pain and aching in my middle back, just next to the spine. (it' s a specific spot). This pain starts the minute I sit upright in a chair. I do understand that pregnancy does cause lower back ache, but this is very painful and in my middle back. I cannot sit up straight as it starts to ache instantly, which is a problem for me as I am a designer and work on my computer all day. I' ve tried different chairs, I' ve put my feet up, I try using a cushion behind my back, but nothing works. As soon as I sit upright in a chair or drive my car, the pain is instant and does not stop or ease off until I get home. Is there anything I can do?
Is it safe to have physiotherapy while pregnant?

It is probably best to have your doctor examine you to see what the problem. You can have physio during pregnancy.

Posted by: Shelby | 2009-01-05

Hi there,

I had a similar pain, but in my butt. I went to the Chiropractor who inserted needles and this relieved the pain.

My Gynae also prescribed Tramacet, which is very strong, but does the job.

Good luck!

Reply to Shelby