Question
Posted by: Binx | 2011/11/22

Bacterial Vaginosis/Thrush?

I have recently been getting some bad discharge and not so pleasant smells. I have also been rather itchy. On doing some research i found i may possibly have Thrush and/or Bacterial Vaginosis. I have been having unprotected sex with my partner, and i am currently taking the pill (Yaz)

Could either of these be reasons for my symptoms,or could i be missing something in my diet.What can i do to get rid of this, and should i be worried it could be something more serious like an STD.

Seriously concerned and embarrassed by this.

You are right with your assessment. Itching tends to suggest thrush, but the onlt way to know for sureis to have a swab taken and assessed. Women on the Pill are more prone to thrush and probiotics may help.
Best wishee

2

Best wishee

Posted by: Carla | 2011/11/23

BV is more of a fishy odour and Thrush is normally a whitish discharge and a cheesy odour. If you have never had thrush before I suggest you go see your doc to make absolutely sure what it is. Good Luck

Reply to Carla