Question
Posted by: anonymous | 2010-06-08

Bacterial vaginosis recurring

Hi Doc,

I was diagnosed with Bacterial Vaginosis two years ago and took the antibiotics prescribed. The problem is, it has been recurring since then and lately more often, most times after sex but sometimes also after my period. Strange smell and sort of grey watery discharge. Why could it be recurring so often, and what does it have to do with sex? My partner and I practise good hygiene.

The acidity of the sperm can aggravate the condition. You could try using yoghurt with live cultures to replace the bacteria which are lacking in your vagina to protect from infections.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-06-10