Question
Posted by: Gillian | 2011/04/04

Bacterial vaginosis

Please please please can you help. I was first diagnosed with bacterial vaginosis about 10 months ago - had never even had as much as an unusual discharge before that. I have been on antibiotics three times in the last (diflucan, flucanozole etc) in 3 separate courses in this period. I apply Metrogel almost weekly (have been through countless tubes) and have also tried Caneston! I am at the end of my tether. Please can you help. I am monogamous. I thought that I first got it becuase i was in a new relationship and started to practice unsafe sex but only after we had both been tested for HIV and STD''s. We are completely faithful to each other. I am 40 years old and have never had children. My period is regular. and am healthy excpet for this embarassing condition. Please help.

The medications you mention are or thrush not bacterial vaginosis. An important thing would be for your partner to be treated as well or you will reinfect each other. Also yoghurt with live culture helps restore the normal protective bacteria in the vagina.

1