Question
Posted by: Mikhail | 2011-02-04

Bacterial Vaginosis

hi there,im a 26 year old female (not sexually active) and im quite sure that I have bacterial vaginosis...but im not sure if its associated with the womb in any way. I do not have any discharge (or noticeable discharge) and im using the toilet many times in the day (like I have a bladder infection).

So when I first started getting these symptoms, I.e.  using the toilet frequently& mdash  I gathered that I most probably have a bladder infection again. The reason why I say again, is because I have suffered with bladder infections since I was years old. I probably have a bladder infection at least once a year (maybe once every years if im lucky). So CitroSoda is my name& mdash  but if it starts bleeding then I have to go to the doctor to get pills.

Now the reason why this has scared me a bit is because im getting this terrible " fishy"  smell which has never happened before. So I researched and the answer seems to be bacterial vaginosis. I have been using Medispor, but it does not seem to be working. The smell is unbearable and highly embarrassing. Perhaps you could suggest the type of specialist I could see or maybe medication or cream that I could buy over-the-counter to get rid of this. please help??

It seems that you have diagnosed bacterial vaginosis on the basis of the smell alone. This is not reliable. I would suggest that you see your GP or a gynaecologist.

2
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-02-07

Posted by: Mikhail | 2011-02-04

SORRY... i meant to say that i get bladder infections at least once a year (or 1 every 2 years if im lucky)... also i started getting bladder infections at the age of 8years old...thanks

Reply to Mikhail