Question
Posted by: Laura | 2009-03-31

bacterial vaginosis

hello

I recently had BV wih an awful smell up there. Round about that time I got very tipsy and had sex with my man which is fine except for the fact that I forgot I had BV and we didn' t use protection as we should have. We are faithful and both hiv neg so don' t use protection but I had an infection that day and should have taken that into consideration. I am now terribly worried I gave him something. When a man sleeps with a woman with a bacterial infection (not thrush), what symptoms does he manifest? Would he be itchy, would he also have the same smell, what would be the signs? Would he reinfect me or if I' m clear its fine for us to resume sex? Is one quick bout of sex enough to pass on a bacteria?

Thing is my man has said nothing about feeling any discomfort but I' m still worried as I was defiinitely not too healthy up there that day.

does he need to go on any antibiotics if he was in contact with BV? Can he reinfect me?

thanks pls advise

laura

If he has not symptoms, there is no need to worry. Symptoms would include pain, redness and itching. He would not necessarily have been infected from one episode of sex.