Question
Posted by: Shelby | 2008/10/28

Bacterial infection in gut

Hi there,

I have a cousin in Zimbabwe who has been diagnosed with the following: tapeworm-dwarf variety, Protozoan infection and a bacterial infection in the gut.

Are you able to prescribe some medicine, I have to send her some from South Africa?

Many thanks

Expert ImageProbiotics expert

Hi Shelby
To our knowledge the drug of choice for dwarf tape worm is Yomesan, made by Bayer Schering Pharma, (active ingredient = Niclosamide). It is available without a prescription. I suggest that you ask your pharmacist for more details.
Regarding the bacterial infection, my only suggestion is to consult a Dr. and get the correct antibiotic.