Posted by: T | 2009-08-26

Bacteria in Stomach

Hi Doc.

I have been in hospital for the past week. I have gone in with my blood tested positive for my D-Dimers that were high, they though i have a blood cloth on my lung because i had difficulty breathing as well as chest pain. They did a gastroscopy and found that i have a bacteria in my stomach lining.

Is it possible for a bacteria in the stomach lining to cause chest tightness (difficulty breathing as) as well as chest pain?
Will the medication take it away?

Hope you can help me in this regard.

Expert ImageProbiotics expert

I am sorry to only get to this mail now; I am hoping that the medicines have helped you by now? It is difficult to understand your exact diagnosis from the description provided. I am sure that you would have been given the correct medication, if you are not feeling any better, do not hesitate to go back to your doctor.