Question
Posted by: Anne | 2009-05-04

Baclofen as treatment for alcoholism

I would like your opinion on this. What are the side effects of this medication?

Expert ImagePharmacist

A scientific paper published in 2002 found Baclofen to be effective in inducing abstinence from alcohol and to reduce alcohol craving and consumption in alcoholics. It is however not a "miracle-cure" and should not be used for THIS purpose without your doctors supervision.

2
Posted by: Konrad Strydom | 2009-06-23

I would also be interested in receiving more information regarding this treatment in South Africa. Are there any doctors who are prescribing this?

Reply to Konrad Strydom

Are there any doctors in SA who is treating with this medication? How can one contact such a doctor