Question
Posted by: DESPERAAT | 2011-02-17

backpain

Please help me. I have a chronic back problem from an injury I sustained 7 years ago. I have been managing it quite well with the pain meds. And I did not have to be booked off for almost a year untill this week. I fell in the bathtub on Saturday.
When I did go to the dr, I was informed that the pain meds that actually helped, Synap Forte, was taken of the market due to other medical risks. Everytime I do go to the doctor (they book me off sick) I get 100 mg Phetidine, which makes me sick. This week they have put me on Xycam 20 mg in the morning and 20 mg in the evening. I started itching, so they stopped it. Now it is Coxflam 15 mg. None of it is working.
The injury is the transverse process fractured from L4 to S1. The disks inbetween ruptured. I went for manipulation and corisone injections in the disks which didn''t help. I have needles and pins feeling in my feet, pains going down my legs and then yesterday the dr told me that the left leg is not reacting to stimuli (when they hit you on your knee with that little stick of them, I don''t know what they call it). The rt leg is still fine. What does this mean for me? And what meds can I use to take the pain away? I have lost a great deal due to this injury. Financially, mentally, lost my first job, my dignity, my independance. I am not allowed to have children and I am now 32 years old. My current boss does not understand. I really need help please. I dont want to loose everything all over again.

Hallo Desperaat
Are you seeing an orthopedic surgeon as it sounds to me as you may need specialist treatment? You probably need something like Dolorol Forte or Norflex Co with your Coxflam for pain. (if you are not allergic to the ingredients)

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011-02-17

Hallo Desperaat