Posted by: Timothy Serfontein | 2009-10-19

I am experiencing lower back, when i stand sit or walk is rather uncomfortable and most ocassions painful, i went to my gp and had x-rays done, x-rays showed that there is slight narrowing on my L2/L3 and L4/L5, at that stage i had no reflex in my ankles or my legs,being on a waiting list for over three months for speacilist i managed to see, after testing,he diagnosed me with mechanical back pain and that i should go for physio treatment and come back,how ever i thought tthis could not be true, namely because i am in work inviroment when i dont do any thing physical or any sort of movement to stress my back as it has being like this since i was in school.At the moment my back is so stiff,when i bend down there a consderable amount of clicking and when i come up the pain is unbearable,at night i cant lye directly down on my back as if stretches and soar,now lately if i sit in front of the telly and put my legs up then the top part of the leg begins to get numb,i have being to my physio but after the first session i stopped due to the fact that my back was so soar i could not do anything that weekend, is the speacialist correct in his diagnoses or is just me, the speacialist diagnosed me with mechanical back pain??

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Dear Timothy
The diagnosis is quite probably correct and physical care of the problem is necessary. Initial care may indeed prove to be a bit uncomfortable, but you should persist with the treatment program. Chiropractic care is recommended in such instances and a program of rehab exercises will further assist in remedying your problem.