Question
Posted by: Els | 2010-02-19

back/feet

I have scolioses and have a harrington rod and alot of screws and wires in my back, it is also fused. I am overweight and have joined a gym to loose the weight and to strengthen my stomach and back musles. I also have flat feet. My problem is that my left ankle hurts extremely when ever i walk or stand alot. I would llike to know if there is any excercises that I can do to strengthen my ankle.
Thanks, Els

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

it is imperative that you lose weight with the scolisosis surgery you had as an increased body mass could damage your back significantly.

your ankle has no relationship to the back and you need to have an X-ray taken of the ankle to make the diagnosis

1
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2010-02-22

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum