backache in early preg - normal?

I am about 7 weeks pregnant and have the most terrible lower backache. Its my second pregnancy. I don' t remember backache initially in my 1st preg but suffered in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters but now I' m in terrible pain. Its in my lower back and otherwise I am fine (besides some mild morning sickness and fatigue). My husband thought it oculd be from carrying our 20 month old around. Please tell me if this is a symptom of pregnancy and if its normal. Also what I can do for it. Strangely, on the odd occasion when I exercise it seems to ease the pain!

Backache is common even in early pregnancy. Carrying your child around will certainly not help. If exercise helps, do this and try to avoid lifting heavy objects.