Posted by: Tanya | 2010-03-23

Good afternoon

I have been struggling with backache for the past few months.
I suffer the most when sleeping. I can''t find a position that is comfortable for me and when I turn, it really hurts.

My GP said that I am stressed out and that my whole body is full of tension and that''s the reason for my backache. He only prescribed Dolorol Forte for the pain, but when I stopped using them, the pain was back.

I then when to my chiropractor who also said that my body is full of tension and after her session, I felt better for a day, but now it''s really getting to me. I got some Reparil Gel from the chemist, but it does not help. I am not allowed to take any anti inflammatory medicine because I also suffer from a stomach ulcer from time to time.

I don''t know what else to do. My mom says that when the before she rubs the gel into my back in the mornings, my back is red where it is sore.

Can you please advise me what to do?

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Dear Tanya
You probably require more than one treatment from your chiropractor. Usually such cases require ABOUT 4 to 6 treatments, Exercise advice and a good mattress also play a leading role in good spinal health. Talk to your chiropractor about this and even visit a Biokineticist for more advice on an exercise program specifically suited to your condition.